There’s plenty of living spaces so family members can find “me time”There even a two-car garage and huge store room.Follow Kieran Clair on Twitter at @kieranclair This St Lucia home will adapt well to a family buyerThe rise of multi-generational living means mums and dads are looking for sleek suburban homes that cater for growing kids AND provide a place for a bit of alone time.This 436sq m home at 52 Ninth Avenue, St Lucia offers the design savvy family plenty to enjoy despite its 405sq m land size. More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour agoThe home sits high above its road frontThe property is perched above its road front and provides four-bedroom, four-bathroom accommodation. The home has a high-end feels contemporary buyers loveThat means the family can avoid sharing vanity spaces.Apart from the abundance of wet area, the home has four other living spaces, plus a study, and a large rear outdoor entertaining area that includes an elevated pool.
Finance and Development Planning Minister Samuel D. Tweah, Jr.-To explain sustainable strategy on “free tuition program”The Senate Committees on Education and Ways, Means and Finance have been mandated, if necessary, to conduct hearing on a sustainability strategy by government for the “free tuition program” for state-run universities and all public colleges.The Senate plenary’s unanimous vote on Thursday, January 24, 2019, was prompted by a communication submitted to that body by Grand Bassa County Senator Nyonblee Karnga-Lawrence, seeking its indulgence to invite the ministers of Education, Finance and Development Planning, and President of the University of Liberia (UL), to explain pertinent issues regarding President George Weah’s recent pronouncement of “free tuition.”“Given the fact that there is no provision in the national budget to support the President’s free tuition policy, I am kindly seeking the indulgence of plenary to invite the ministers of Finance and Education and the President of the University of Liberia to present a free education plan and explain to us the sustainability strategy for this ‘free tuition program,” Sen. Lawrence’s communication said.It can be recalled that following his pronouncement of the free tuition for UL and all public colleges sometime last year, President Weah said that his government will work out the modalities for the actualization of the pledge. His pronouncement, however did not go down well with some members of the public who called it a knee-jerk reaction to UL student agitation on a number of campus related issues as well as issues of national concern particularly the case of the “missing money”. This situation has thus left the public wondering just how the government intends to actualize the pronouncement when there is no budgetary allocation in the current national budget.Meanwhile, based on the importance of the communication, many Senators had hoped that a motion would have been proffered to allow few minutes of debate before sending it to committee which turned out not to be the case.“I thought so too, but since the committees are expected to conduct hearing, we’ll wait and see,” Sen. Lawrence said.Meanwhile, the chairman of the Senate committee on Education River Cess County Senator Dallas A. V. Gueh, has been requested to report to plenary in two weeks.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGift Box shows no rust in San Antonio Stakes win at Santa AnitaIn the women’s division, the top competitor takes home $1,000 in cash, a Kawasaki KLX 110 off-road motorcycle, a one-year clothing sponsorship from Girl Powder and a pre-paid Boost Mobile phone. John McColly, director of marketing for the resort, describes the Triple Air as the largest event of the season. “We see riders from all over the western part of the country coming out to compete,” he said. In the event, snowboarders must tackle three enormous jumps in a row. Participants, including both amateurs and professionals, are judged on their overall performance including difficulty, height, style and landing. After the event, all competitors take part in a raffle and an after- party at the Bullwheel Bar & Grill. Past participants include Shawn White, Blaise Rosenthall, Matt Hammer and Gabe Taylor. Mountain High resort in the San Gabriel Mountains is going strong, thanks to ongoing snowmaking and recent storms that dusted the peaks with snow. This Saturday will mark the 10th annual $25,000 Kawasaki Triple Air at the ski area, the richest one-day snowboarding event in the country. Divisions consist of professional men, amateur men and open/pro women. Entry fees are $160 for professionals, $110 for amateurs and $110 for women. Fees include lift ticket, USASA membership, breakfast, lunch from Wahoos, drinks from Chambord, the raffle and after-party. Registration takes place from 7 to 9:30 a.m. in the West base lodge. The event begins at 11 a.m. [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3028 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Prizes are awarded to the top 16 competitors. First place in the men’s division takes home $6,000 in cash and a Kawasaki KLX 110 Off-Road motorcycle. A Rolex watch, provided by sponsor Active Ride Shop, also goes to the rider with the best trick.
Chloe Magee.Donegal Badminton star Chloe Magee has incredibly won her TENTH, yes you read that correctly her TENTH All-Ireland singles title. The Raphoe native represented Ireland at the Olympics in London in 2012.This weekend, Magee won her tenth All-Ireland title which is an absolutely incredibly achievement. She also won the mixed doubles national title with her brother Sam for the ninth time.Her boyfriend, Finn Harps FC star Packie Mailey wrote the following on his Facebook timeline, “Big shout out to the champ (Chloe Magee) who won her 10th National Title in singles this weekend in Dublin.“Not only that herself and Sam win their 9th National doubles title. Massive achievement for all her hard work in which she continually strives to improve with a big year ahead.”Well done Chloe and Sam on an incredible achievement. AMAZING CHLOE WINS HER TENTH ALL-IRELAND BADMINTON TITLE was last modified: February 7th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The scene of the checkpoint before the incidentGARDAÍ seized a motorist’s car after a 20-minute stand-off in which the motorist said he would “have a heart attack” if his car was taken, Donegal Daily has learned.Six cars were seized for extended unpaid road tax today at Drennan Bridge outside Ballybofey.Several other motorists whose tax had expired recently were allowed to travel on and warned to produce up-to-date road tax at a Garda station. One motorist appeared to collapse by the road side after his vehicle was taken. It hadn’t been taxed for 13 months. He was later taken to hospital in Letterkenny by ambulance where he has been treated for a suspected heart attack.It’s understood Gardaí at the scene were repeatedly told by the man that he would suffer a heart attack – but only if his car was taken.As soon as officers left, the man lay down at the side of the road.Worried eye-witnesses working nearby called an ambulance to take him to hospital. Some of them were angry at how the situation had been handled. GARDAÍ: MAN TOLD OFFICERS HE WOULD ‘HAVE A HEART ATTACK’ IF THEY SEIZED HIS CAR was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Gardaiseized carsunpaid road tax
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – Drake University sophomore Maximilian Fridrich (Salzburg, Austria) has been named the Missouri Valley Conference Male Cross Country Athlete of the Week, the league announced Tuesday, Sept. 11.Fridrich won Friday’s Oz Memorial by nearly 10 seconds with a time of 20:09.6 on the 4-mile course at the University of Minnesota’s Les Bolstad Course. He pulled away from the 42-man field with athletes from Minnesota, Minnesota St., and Concordia-St. Paul to win the event.Fridrich, who is the returning MVC Cross Country Freshman of the Year, bested his Oz Memorial time from last season by more than a minute.Fridrich and the Bulldogs have two weeks off from competition to train for their next event, the prestigious Roy Griak Invitational, also hosted by Minnesota, Sept. 29. Print Friendly Version
One of Donegal’s best-known chefs is considering closing down his business after he was racially abused in his restaurant.Davide loves Donegal and its people.Davide Tullio owns and runs the extremely popular La Fantasia Italian restaurant in Letterkenny.However Davide revealed he was racially abused at his premises last night. The businessman took to Facebook to vent his anger at the person who attacked him.But he also revealed that he is now considering closing his business in the town centre as a result of the attack.Davide said “Thank you to all our loyal customers, I appreciate your support so much, however what happened tonight was a step to far and it will determine the outcome of la fantasia.“Your kind words are greatly appreciated but what was said to me tonight was deeply upsetting and that will determine if we stay upon or close.” He has been inundated with messages of support form his customers who have told him to rise above the incident and to ignore the abuse.We will bring you more on this story as we get it. RESTAURANT OWNER SAYS HE MAY CLOSE AFTER RACIST ABUSE was last modified: October 18th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:closureDavide TullioLa Fantastiaracist abuse