GBA summons Patrick Allotey after assault on fan

first_imgThe Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) has summoned the boxer who assaulted a Kotoko fan during the Accra Hearts of Oak- Kumasi Asante Kotoko match last Sunday.The boxer, Patrick Allotey, is to appear before the GBA’s disciplinary committee.This follows the viral video in which Allotey is seen punching the Kotoko fan, Michael Siaw, multiple times.In the summon statement, the GBA asked the boxer to appear before its disciplinary committee on Friday, February 5, 2020.“You are hereby summoned to appear before the Disciplinary and Arbitration Committee of the GBA on Wednesday the 5th day of February 2020 at 1 pm to show cause why you a licensed professional boxer should not be sanctioned not only for gross misconduct but also for bringing the name of the sport into disrepute.”BackgroundAllotey, who is currently the WBO Africa Super Welterweight Champion, was caught on camera punching the said football fan in the stands of the Accra Sports Stadium.The viral video of the assault prompted Allotey to finally release a statement apologising for his actions.Siaw has also come out to say he did not know Allotey was a professional boxer when he seemingly provoked the boxer.Some people on social media expressed disbelief that Siaw would deliberately taunt a boxer.In an interview with Kumasi-based Oyerepa FM, Siaw: “I didn’t even know he was a boxer, it was after the video went viral that I got to know.”Allotey, who was upset by Siaw’s antics, subjected him to the beating.Find below the full statementlast_img read more

Man murdered after leaving nightclub in Lethem

first_imgThe motionless body of a Guyanese man was on Sunday morning discovered along Tabatinga Village trail in Lethem, Region Nine (Upper Takutu-Upper Essequibo) with several marks of violence about his body.The dead man has been identified as 22-year-old Morgan Gonsalves, who had resided in Bom Fim, Brazil.Based on reports received, the man left his home to attend a nightclub at Tabatinga, Lethem about 23:00h on Saturday evening.However, after some time elapsed and he did not return home, his brother went in search of him. About 06:00h on Sunday, the worried man stumbled upon his brother’s motionless body just about 150 metres from the nightclub.He was lying in a pool of blood with a wound to his head and several abrasions to other parts of his body. At the time, he was clad in short blue trousers, a grey and white jersey and a pair of black boots – the same outfit he reportedly left home wearing.He was picked up and taken to the Lethem Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead by a doctor on duty. His body is at the mortuary awaiting a post-mortem examination. The Police have launched an investigation into the murder, and several persons were questioned.No one was arrested in connection with the heinous crime.last_img read more