Captan unhappy with GBA congress process

Immediate past chairman of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA), Samir Captan is despondent about the organization of the Authority’s upcoming congress but says he will still part of the election process and run for the Chairmanship.Captan together with Lawyer Peter Zwennes, Henry Manly-Spain and Francis Decland, all former board members of the GBA are running for the topmost position to lead the Authority. The ex-GBA chairman and his executive members were ordered by the National Sports Authority to vacate office earlier this year after they had overstayed their initial tenure of two years.According to Samir Captan, he expected the National Sports Authority to resolve all issues concerning his tenure which had been sent to court, to be settled before setting a date for the congress.“Am not happy about the whole issue of congress, because after I was served a letter indicating it was illegal for me to oversee the affairs of Ghana boxing ,I was told the court would sit on the case. Just to hear after a few months is that , there is an impending Congress. I’m less impressed, he said in an exclusive interview on last Saturday’s Joy Sports Link.In the wake of all the misgivings however, Samir Captan insists he will be part of the process with the sole aim of correcting the way things are done.“If the Boxing congress has not been organized properly and am complaining about it it’s only wise that I take part to ensure the wrongs are corrected” he added.Samir captan, who was once a promoter and trainer served as the chairman of the authority from the year 2011 till his administration was dissolved . Before his appointment as Chairman he served under the Moses Foh-Amoaning-led board as member in Charge of Promotions. The experienced Boxing enthusiast boasts of over 40 years of dedication to the development and promotion of the sport in Ghana and the nurturing of the legendary Azumah Nelson. The elections would take place on Thursday March 14, 2013. read more

Pullman Tokyo Tamachi is being developed as part o

first_imgPullman Tokyo Tamachi is being developed as part of the MSB Tamachi mixed-used complex and will open for the northern autumn of 2018. Featuring 143 rooms, the contemporary designed hotel will connect the international style of Pullman with a delicate touch of Japanese art and culture.This business and leisure hotel is directly connected to the JR Tamachi Station east exit and a three-minute walk from the Toei Subway Mita Line. From the hotel to the Haneda International Airport is about 30 minutes by public transport and just one stop from JR Shinagawa station to Osaka and Kyoto via bullet train.“Japan keeps attracting more and more international travellers, with historically high growth rate recorded in the beginning of 2017,” said Patrick Basset, COO for Upper Southeast and Northeast Asia, AccorHotels. “The increasing inbound market, especially from Korea and other Asian countries (China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam) is on a continuous positive trend which will be amplified as the country will benefit from the worldwide attention with the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympic Games.”“The opening of Pullman Tokyo Tamachi marks an exciting step in developing more upscale and luxury hotels in Japan to meet the growing demand of cosmopolitan travellers who appreciate innovative design and wellness in the travel scene. The global nomad is Pullman’s representation of the new generation of travellers and business leaders who fully and naturally blend work and leisure,” said Eric D’Ignazio, VP Japan, AccorHotels.last_img read more