Betway continues BLAST esports collaboration

first_img Kansspelautoriteit enters into MoU with Malta Gaming Authority August 28, 2020 Share StumbleUpon SBC Awards: The key to an effective submission August 28, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share John Williamson to oversee UK Tote Group’s international growth August 28, 2020 Online bookmaker Betway continues to expand its profile and brand presence within esports, announcing that it has extended its sponsorship of the  BLAST Pro Series for a further year.The deal, which includes an option to renew for another year, will grant Betway extensive backstage access, VIP hospitality and a host of branding both online and in stadiums.The 2019 BLAST Pro Series kicks off with three events in Sao Paolo, Miami and Madrid, with more expected to be announced in the coming weeks. The first event, The BLAST Pro Series: São Paulo takes place from the 22-23 March, with six of the world’s best CS:GO teams battling it out for a total prize pool of $250,000 (£190,000)This latest announcement continues a highly successful 2019 for Betway, having signed two separate deals in esports sponsorship including Berlin International Gaming (BIG) and ESL.Paul Adkins, Marketing and Operations Director at Betway, said, “BLAST Pro Series is one of the most exciting tournaments on the calendar; you only have to look at the reaction of the fans – both in stadium and online – to last year’s edition to confirm this. With events in the series being held all across the world, we can’t wait to reach even more fans than ever before.”Leo Matlock, Head of Commercial Solutions at BLAST Pro, said, “Betway has been present in the esports community a long time and we are very excited to be collaborating with them. Betway prides themselves with sponsoring premium content so naturally we are thrilled that they want their brand associated with BLAST Pro Series, which is already an established and proven concept. It’s a grand validation for our product and we are looking forward to the partnership.”last_img read more

Clippers miss Patrick Beverley’s pluck, playmaking

first_imgThe Clippers return to Boston on Thursday, the scene of last season’s spirited, tone-setting 28-point comeback, a victory that set a revamped roster on a path to the playoffs.This week’s visit (5 p.m., TNT, Fox Sports Prime Ticket) marks the last game before an All-Star-break breather for both 37-win teams.It’s also the fourth and final game of the trip for a Clippers unit that is experiencing heightened expectations and still struggling sometimes to find solid footing – especially when Patrick Beverley, their playmaking professional pest, isn’t available.The Clippers used their 26th starting lineup in Tuesday’s 110-103 loss in Philadelphia, where they mixed in new addition Marcus Morris (who felt the sting of that resounding comeback in Boston last season as a member of the Celtics) and inserted veteran sixth man Lou Williams in place of Beverley, who Thursday will miss his fourth consecutive game and seventh since Jan. 21 because of a sore right groin. Sans Beverley – who has been invited to compete in the Skills Challenge during All-Star festivities Saturday in his native Chicago – the Clippers also miss a facilitator with an ever-tighter handle on Rivers’ desired offense.On Tuesday, the Clippers were frustrated by the 76ers’ elite defense, which held George to 11 points on 3-for-15 shooting and limited Williams to 13 on a 5-for-15 effort.Related Articles Clippers’ Paul George: ‘If I make shots, this series could be a little different’ Game 4 photos: Luka Doncic, Mavs shock Clippers in overtime Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img His presence might not have altered the outcome in Philadelphia, but it almost certainly would have affected the tenor of the game, after which Coach Doc Rivers told reporters that the 76ers “played harder, they were more physical – they were so much more the physical team.”Rivers offered no such critique after the Celtics and Clippers met for the first time this season on Nov. 20, when both teams went toe-to-toe into overtime. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George combined for 42 points that night in their successful joint debut and the 6-foot-1 Beverley hauled in a career-high 16 rebounds and hit the 3-point dagger in OT.Before his game-sealing shot, another Beverley 3-pointer out of a timeout sparked an 8-0 run that wiped out almost all of Boston’s 10-point lead.“He came out of that timeout like he was possessed. He changed the game, single-handedly,” Rivers said a few days after that victory. “He never thinks you’re gonna lose. He’s such an intangible player, there’s no way you can use analytics or any equation to figure out the worth of Pat Beverley on your basketball team. It’s actually impossible.”Even if there’s no quantifying his contributions, there is this: The Clippers are 30-10 when Beverley plays, and 7-7 without him. (In four of those losses, the Clippers also were without Leonard, without whom the Clippers are 6-7.) For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory “Our movement could have been better,” George told media members in Philadelphia. “They were pretty much forcing us to play one-on-one isolation ball. If we would have moved the ball and kept it hopping, we could’ve been more successful.”“We made it too hard for ourselves,” Rivers said. “There was an easier offense to run, and it was out there for us to run, we just didn’t do it tonight.”CLIPPERS vs. CELTICSWhen: Thursday, 5 p.m.Where: TD Garden, BostonTV: TNT, Fox Sports Prime Ticket What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 last_img read more