Hakimi: I want to be a success at Real Madrid

first_imgAchraf Hakimi would love to become a Real Madrid success story and believes he can make an impact at his parent club once his Borussia Dortmund loan expires.The 20-year-old is a little over halfway through a two-season loan spell with Dortmund and has established himself as a first-team regular under Lucien Favre.Achraf has predominantly been fielded at full-back but was used in a more advanced left-wing position against Slavia Prague in midweek, the Morocco international further highlighting his versatility with both goals in the 2-0 win. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream Time for another transfer? Giroud’s Chelsea spell set to end like his Arsenal career He progressed through Madrid’s academy and is confident in his ability to prove his worth at the Santiago Bernabeu, though his only focus right now is on continuing his development with Dortmund.”I’m not going to lie, I’d love to be a success there, of course,” he told AS. “I grew up at Madrid, it’s the club I call home and I’d like to keep on growing as a player there, but if it isn’t to be I’ll look to be a success somewhere else.”Right now, I’m only focusing on taking each game as it comes and performing to the best of my ability. Next summer’s still a little way off and we’ll just have to see what happens. “I shouldn’t start thinking about next year – I just have to concentrate on having a good campaign. That’s the only way I’ll have options open to me come the end of the season.”My deal here lasts for two years. When the time comes, I’ll see whether I’ve done enough over these two years and whether I’m ready for Real Madrid. “Right now, I feel like I’m doing well, and that if I keep playing like this I could do a job for Madrid. But I can’t say whether or not I’m ready until the end of the season. Ask me in May.”Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke made it clear earlier this week that he will do everything possible to sign the youngster at the end of the season, but Madrid may opt against cashing in.Asked about Watzke’s comments, Achraf said: “It’s always nice, being told that they’d like you to stay for good when you’ve only been there for a year.”You’re left thinking that you’re doing well, that they’re happy with you and that you are with them too. But that’s a decision which I don’t think is down to me; that’s something the two clubs have to talk about with each other, and with my agent. “I’m going to keep on working to help Dortmund and hopefully we can achieve big things together.”last_img read more

Tamil Nadu awaits clearance to salvage 36 trawlers in Sri Lanka

The operation should have begun on September 10 but was delayed for want of clearance, the sources said. The State government had also sanctioned about Rs. 20 lakh for salvage operation – towards fuel and repair costs and ration for the salvage team members.A sum of Rs. 15,000 had been offered for each mechanised boat and Rs. 10,000 for each country boat for repair work, they said. Based on the report submitted by the team, the State government prepared a list of salvage team members to bring back 36 boats – 11 belonging to Rameswaram fishermen, 24 to Nagapattinam fishermen and one owned by Pudukottai fishermen. The Tamil Nadu Government is awaiting clearance from the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to salvage 36 trawlers impounded by the Sri Lankan Navy in March 2015 and ordered to be released by the Government of the island nation last month, The Hindu newspaper reported.After the Sri Lankan Government ordered the release of 42 boats – 36 belonging to Tamil Nadu fishermen and six to Karaikal fishermen – a seven-member team, led by G. S. Sameeran, Additional Director of Fisheries, inspected the condition of the trawlers from August 17 to 20 and decided to salvage them. Immediately, the Fisheries department prepared a list of 36 boats, 242 fishermen and technical persons to tow the boats back to shore and sent the proposal to the MEA, official sources said. The first batch of 15 boats, 93 fishermen and technical persons would leave immediately after getting clearance from the MEA.The second batch of 21 boats, 149 fishermen and technicians would leave after three days, they said.A three-member official team, led by the Deputy Director of Fisheries, would accompany them. The ICG had been asked to be in a state of readiness, they said. The Puducherry government would send a separate team to salvage the six boats from the Union Territory, the sources added. The boats have been berthed in Kankesanthurai, Karainagar, Mannar and Trincomallee in northern Sri Lanka and Puthalam in the west. (Colombo Gazette) Indian Coast Guard (ICG) would escort the teams up to International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) and hand them over to the Sri Lankan Navy to be escorted to the ports. read more