‘Finally it’s over’ – Lenglet happy to be done with Neymar rumours

first_imgBarcelona defender Clement Lenglet has admitted that he is happy to no longer be hearing constant rumours about Neymar joining the club. The PSG star was linked with a return to his former club all summer but a move eventually fell through, leaving the Brazilian to return to the Ligue 1 side for a third season.Neymar was also linked with a shock move to Real Madrid, with the forward’s transfer saga dominating the headlines for much of the summer.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream All the uncertainty clearly wore on Lenglet, who is happy to be moving on after the transfer window slammed shut on Monday. “Neymar? There were many rumours,” Lenglet told Canal Plus.”It was a very hectic period for the club. Finally it’s over. This way we can work a little easier.”Many players at Camp Nou were unsettled as their club engaged in talks with PSG, as several of them saw their names mentioned as potential counterweights in a swap deal. PSG insisted that Nelson Semedo be included in any deal involving Neymar, with Barcelona keen to hold onto the Portugal international. However, the Blaugrana were ready to offer Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic and Jean-Clair Todibo as part of a players-plus-cash swap for Neymar. Rakitic and Todibo were willing to move to Paris but Goal reported that Dembele did not want to join up with Thomas Tuchel’s side.With the transfer window now closed until January, Barcelona will be free to focus on improving their form after an indifferent start to the 2019-20 season.The defending La Liga champions have one win, one draw and one loss in their first three league matches, already sitting five points behind table-topping Atletico Madrid. Barcelona return to action after the international break with a match against Valencia on September 14.Ernesto Valverde’s side then begin their Champions League campaign three days later with a trip to Signal Iduna Park to face Borussia Dortmund. The Blaugrana have also been drawn alongside Inter and Slavia Prague in the Champions League’s Group F.last_img read more

Robertson: Falling short of PL title has helped us

first_imgLiverpool defender Andrew Robertson says last season’s title disappointment has helped pave the way for their perfect Premier League start.The Reds have won all six of their league matches thus far, having outscored opponents 17-5 to start the campaign.Liverpool’s most recent win was a 2-1 victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, a victory that helped maintain a five-point gap over Manchester City. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream Time for another transfer? Giroud’s Chelsea spell set to end like his Arsenal career It was that same Man City team that pipped Liverpool to the title last season as the two sides duelled in what became a historic title race.And Robertson insists that last year’s battle for the title helped the team grow, even if it ended up with the team falling short.”It’s all about winning games and to keep on moving forward, so we cannot dwell on [the win over Chelsea],” Robertson said. “We have got another big week coming up and we just focus on our own game, we don’t focus on anything else other than that.”There are big challenges ahead and we need to keep ticking them off. In this period, if we can keep it going until the internationals and keep looking at the fixtures then that is what we’ll do. We’ve got a tough run but if we can get to the next internationals with positive results then we’ll be in a very good place.”Hopefully we can go one better than last season in terms of finishing second. We won the Champions League but we want the Premier League and hopefully this season we do that. But, there is a long, long way to go and everyone behind us will be waiting for us to drop points.”So I am sure they will be ready to pounce, so we need to be ready for that and I think last season has helped us massively for that.”Liverpool are in the midst of a difficult run of fixtures as the club faces matches in the Premier League, Champions League and Carabao Cup.The Reds are set to face MK Dons on Wednesday in cup action before a contest against Sheffield United on Saturday.After that, the focus turns towards the Champions League and Red Bull Salzburg, and Robertson is relishing the opportunities that come with this busy time of year.”This is what we’re made for, we’re in the season, well into it now and we are used to going to places and playing three games a week. That is what we are used to,” the defender said.”It is the exact same preparation and we were good to go today. We had to dig deep at times and Chelsea started putting the pressure on us once they got the goal but we dug deep and that is a big three points for us.” Subscribe to Goal’s Liverpool Correspondent Neil Jones’ weekly email bringing you the best Liverpool FC writing from around the weblast_img read more

Clark men top Portland, 81-71

first_img Receive latest stories and local news in your email: GO Published: January 9, 2019, 9:13pm Sam Scarpelli scored 18 points, Tyler Fernstrom added 17 and the Clark men’s basketball team snapped a four-game losing streak with a 81-71 win over Portland Community College Wednesday at the O’Connell Center.Clark (8-5, 1-2) shot 60.4 percent from the field and outscored the Panthers 32-10 in the paint. Share: By signing up you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Clark men top Portland, 81-71 By The Columbian Share:last_img

Luxury vehicle owner accused of stealing fuel from GuyOil sent for

Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedSoesdyke man slapped with G$2M fraud chargeAugust 20, 2019In “Court”Alleged fraudster remanded for fleecing city hotelsNovember 25, 2016In “Court”DJ charged with noise nuisance, resisting arrestSeptember 24, 2013In “Crime” A man who was hauled before a City Magistrate on Friday for incurring a debt from the Guyana Oil company (GuyOil) was remanded to prison after he was sent for a mental evaluation.Saisnarine Persaud admitted to three charges which stated that on September 4 at the Kitty Service Station he incurred a debt of $12,000 by falsely pretending that he was in a position to pay the pump attendant at the said gas station.Two other charges also stated that on September 5 and September 6 at Providence and Georgetown he also incurred a debt of $30,000 and $15,000 respectively.According to facts presented in court on Friday, the accused is the registered owner of two vehicles, one of which is a luxury vehicle.On the days in question Persaud would usually visit the gas stations and order the pump attendants to fill up his gas tank. He would subsequently drive off without paying after this was done.The court was also informed that the man had just settle a matter of similar nature out the court with the proprietor of another service station located on the East Coast of Demerara.Further, the accused told the court that prior to the incident he was relieved of his job and as a result he suffered financial difficulties.“I lost my job and didn’t had money to pay, I’m sorry for what I did, I am really sorry”.However, after listening to Persaud the Magistrate ordered that the accused be sent for a mental evaluation. Even though the man admitted to the offences he was remanded until he is deemed mentally fit to be prosecuted.The matter will continue on September, 28. read more